Maintenance commands to test libthread_db
linux: Add maintenance commands to test libthread_db
This commit adds two new commands which may be used to test thread
debugging libraries used by GDB:
* "maint check libthread-db" tests the thread debugging library GDB
is using for the current inferior.
* "maint set/show check-libthread-db" selects whether libthread_db
tests should be run automatically as libthread_db is auto-loaded.
The default is to not run tests automatically.
The test itself is a basic integrity check exercising all libthread_db
functions used by GDB on GNU/Linux systems. By extension this also
exercises the proc_service functions provided by GDB that libthread_db
This functionality is useful for NPTL developers and libthread_db
developers. It could also prove useful investigating bugs reported
against GDB where the thread debugging library or GDB's proc_service
layer is suspect.
* linux-thread-db.c (valprint.h): New include.
(struct check_thread_db_info): New structure.
(check_thread_db_on_load, tdb_testinfo): New static globals.
(check_thread_db, check_thread_db_callback): New functions.
(try_thread_db_load_1): Run integrity checks if requested.
(maintenance_check_libthread_db): New function.
(_initialize_thread_db): Register "maint check libthread-db"
and "maint set/show check-libthread-db".
* NEWS: Mention the above new commands.
* gdb.texinfo (Maintenance Commands): Document "maint check
libthread-db" and "maint set/show check-libthread-db".
* gdb.threads/check-libthread-db.exp: New file.
* gdb.threads/check-libthread-db.c: Likewise.
8 files changed